The primary goal of education is the holistic development of a person. Furthermore, it is a source of evident benefits for living a fuller and happier life. Education has the potential to improve society as a whole. It fosters a society where individuals are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
In short, we can say, “Education is the passage to progress”.
Formal Education & Its Advantages
Formal education is classroom-based, which means that everything a student learns comes from books and other instructional resources designed only to educate children. All teachers are educated and certified to teach children, and they are the same teachers the students will meet daily to ensure consistency in their education and training.
Formal education is organized in a hierarchical manner. It is planned and follows a chronological grading system. Scheduled fees are paid on a regular basis. It is subject-oriented and contains a curriculum. The curriculum must be completed within a particular time frame.
- A well-organized teaching paradigm with up-to-date course materials. Students learn from qualified and experienced teachers.
- It is structured and systematic.
- Intermediate and final examinations guarantee that students progress to the next learning level.
- Institutions are both administratively and physically organized.
- It results in a professionally recognized certificate.
- Jobs are easily accessible.
Although formal schooling is a common educational approach, it is not the only one. People can still learn through informal and non-formal schooling methods.