The full form of NAAC is National Assessment and Accreditation Council, an autonomous body that determines and accredits Higher education in India. The council was founded by the University Grants Commission of India after following the recommendations of the National Education Policy, emphasizing the standards of India’s education system. NAAC was founded in 1994, and it has its headquarters in Bangalore.
Goal and Vision
The goal and vision of NAAC are described below-
· Timely evaluation and accreditation of the Higher education institutions
· Creating a unique academic program and initiatives to boost the quality of education
· Carry out quality education research studies, training programs, and consulting
· Fostering self-evaluation, imagination, transparency, and freedom in higher education and,
· To improve overall performance through promotion, quality assessment, and other programs.
Key Features of NAAC
· Imparting global education and qualifications among graduates
· Quality quest
· Encouraging technology in education
· Contributing to the national growth
Importance of NAAC
· NAAC has an exceptionally qualified and professionally configured library that comprises all aspects of higher education, connecting students directly to higher education qualifications and excellence
· The list includes teaching and learning methods, staff growth, evaluation and accreditation names, development of students, instructional growth, course development, women’s studies, etc.
· SSR (self-study report), internal quality assurance cell reports, and re-accreditation reports are separately stocked in the library
· Also has a unique World Bank, AIU, UGC, UNESCO, and other reputable accreditation bodies publications.