Reading is such an important habit, it allows you to learn a lot while also practising your language skills. Here are 5 amazing books that every student should read.
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee – The book was released in 1960 and became an instant success. It has become a modern American literature classic, Admission Management, winning the Pulitzer Prize.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell – Animal Farm’s major characters, serve as metaphors for the events of the 1917 Russian Revolution. Orwell’s book is a platform for him to criticize dictatorships in general, Stalin’s terror regime, and its corrupt and abusive elements.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – Fitzgerald’s novel emphasizes the distinction between those who have recently obtained money and those whose families have enjoyed generations of material excess, while also describing the collapse of the American Dream in the 1920s through Gatsby’s tragic fate.
- 1984 by George Orwell – This is the ninth and final book, completed during his lifetime, and was published on June 8, 1949, by Secker & Warburg. This political novel depicts the numerous dangers of totalitarianism and serves as a warning to countries that were unsure how to deal with the global rise of communism.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger – This novel in 1951 and was a serial from 1945-1946. Despite being written for adults, teenagers often read it because of its concepts of anguish, alienation, and criticism of society’s superficiality.