National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services, from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to students, are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP).
This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent `SMART’ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries’ accounts without any leakages.
The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of the National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims to provide a common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarship schemes launched by Union governments, State governments and Union Territories across the country.
· Ensure timely disbursement of scholarships to students
· Provide a common portal for various scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments
· Create a transparent database of scholars
· Avoid duplication in processing
· Harmonization of different scholarships schemes & norms
· Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
· Simplified process for the students: All scholarship information is available under one umbrella. It has a unified application for all scholarships
· Increased transparency: The system suggests eligible programs for the student.
· Help standardize Master data for all Indian-level institutions and courses.