Army Welfare Education Society, or AWES manages and ensures proper education facilities for children of Indian Army personnel through Local Military Authorities. The society was founded in the year 1983. It has its headquarters in Delhi Cantonment and has opened over 137 Army Public Schools and 249 Army Pre Primary Schools throughout India. It has 12 professional higher education institutions. A list of colleges and schools, including Army Public Schools in many cities across the country, as well as colleges for engineering, medicine, dentistry, management, and law.
AWES has certain objectives to provide quality education to its students at an affordable and suitable cost. Hence, to maintain this goal AWES has set certain objectives:
- To provide high-quality education with a focus on children’s holistic development.
- To foster technological capabilities and communication skills that are integrated with a strong value system.
- Ensure students’ scholastic and co-scholastic domains grow and develop, and instil a passion for learning in them.
- Ensure a child’s continuous comprehensive growth through healthy creative activities and hobbies, as well as the development of proper reading habits for pleasure and joy.
- Direct young people’s energies toward creativity and self-actualization.