We are often confronted with the saying that skills are learned and taught in schools, which stays with us for a lifetime. But the truth is not every skill is taught. At every stage of life, we learn something new that can positively or negatively impact our lives. Emotional intelligence is one of the skills which can give an edge in academics and future success.
Simply put, emotional intelligence can guide our life. It is the ability to interact and deal with one’s own emotions and those of others. Emotional intelligence is divided into four abilities:
· Understanding the emotions and how they change
· Perceiving and identifying emotions
· Accepting and thinking using those emotions
· Managing emotions (own and other’s)
The above-said points are the key aspects of emotional intelligence, but it is not confined to these abilities. EI is a complex and fluid concept that is sometimes hard to explain. But it can influence many parts of life, from academic grades to job and success. The following points explain the importance of emotional intelligence for students: learn more about Learning Management System.
· EI can help students with an increased level of self-awareness and learning
· It can bring empathy, thereby creating positive relationships with peers
· Develop problem-solving skills where students can better interact with each other to tack academic issues
· Helps in regulating stress in life and handling it with mindful thoughts