What is a migration certificate?

If you’d want to transfer to a different school or board of education, you’ll need to get a “migration certificate” from the one you’re currently enrolled in. The migration certificate and all supporting documentation will be provided upon successful completion of the program. Your school’s governing body is the only entity with the power to provide you with such a credential. The relevant schools distribute them on behalf of the students enrolled for the board exams. To get the Certificate, applicants need to contact the relevant school head. Migration certificates are sometimes known as transfer certificates (TC) or in their abbreviated form. However, there is an essential distinction between the two. The student receives it after finishing the test and uses it when transferring to a new school or board. Conversely, a transfer certificate is given to a student after they have graduated from college or board.