The Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE) was established in 1969 in Chandigarh and is now presently known as the Board of School Education Haryana. They hold the authority to conduct Public Examinations at High Schools as well as at Higher Secondary High Schools every year in Haryana State via all the affiliated schools. HBSE also grants affiliation to those private schools which are either temporarily or permanently recognized by the Department of School Education, Haryana, if those schools pay the Board the prescribed fees.
- They keep the aim of prescribing relevant syllabuses and textbooks with prior time before exams.
- They affiliate schools on time.
- They smoothly conduct eligibility tests for prospective teachers.
- They punctually conduct all examinations and declare the results without any delay, maintaining the proper schedule.
- A part of their job is to also motivate teachers for their contribution to the smooth and easy conduct of examinations by awarding them.