Nsp stands for National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022 is a digital scholarship platform that has multiple scholarships from various government agencies like Central Government, State Government and UGC (University Grants Commission). The National Scholarship Portal offers around 104 scholarship programs worth billions of rupees to scholarship applicants who register on the platform. According to officials, the platform has so far helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth over Rs 2,700 crore. The platform has more than 12.7 million applications, of which more than 8.4 million have been verified. The main objectives of creating this national scholarship portal are:
- To ensure timely disbursement of scholarships to students
- To provide a common platform for state and government scholarships
- Create a transparent database of researchers
- Avoid duplication of effort in processing applications
- Coordinate various scholarships and their specifications
- Secure use of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).