Post-Graduate Teachers (PGT) instruct senior secondary, School Analytics, or higher secondary students. It is also referred to as secondary school teaching. It is a highly desirable position. In order to become a Post Graduate Teacher (PGT), one must have the following qualifications:
- A candidate must have completed their 12th grade from a recognized board in order to be eligible for PGT. The candidate must have received at least 50% in their intermediate.
- A graduate degree from a recognized university is required.
- A B.Ed. or an equivalent degree from a recognized university is required.
- A post-graduate degree from a recognized university is required.
- According to the PGT eligibility criteria, the maximum age limit for PGTs is 40 years.
- To be an effective PGT, the candidate must be fluent in both English and Hindi.