Personality development is the process of enhancing and developing one’s personality. Personality development helps people obtain confidence and self-esteem. It can also enhance communication abilities and the way one sees the world. As a consequence of personality development, people tend to enhance a positive attitude.
Personality development theories seek to explain how we develop our own distinct characteristics and traits. Here are some of the main categories among which all personality traits fall:
- Openness: It refers to the level of inventiveness and adaptability to change.
- Conscientiousness: It refers to organizational skills and focuses on details.
- Extraversion: It refers to social and emotional expressiveness.
- Agreeableness: It refers to cooperation as well as interest levels in others.
- Neuroticism: It refers to moodiness and emotional stability levels.
A person might want to make changes in their own personality. Hence here are some ways one can work on their personality development skills:
- Identifying one’s own current trait: A personality test can evaluate one’s current characteristics. One should choose a few traits to work on that they believe will help them grow as an individual and concentrate on them.
- Setting a daily personal development goal: One has to make a daily commitment to doing at least one activity to allow them to develop their personality.
- Being Confident: One can be confident while developing their personality in meaningful ways, offering themselves the best of both worlds while pursuing personal development.