The Bihar Intermediate Education Council (BIEC) was established by the Government of Bihar in 1980. Bihar’s education council intends to hold intermediate exams. Previously, universities administered intermediate exams. Even after the BIEC was established, Digital Content, they were unable to conduct exams for the first three years. After its establishment in 1983, the council held its first examination.
BIEC’s primary functions are as follows:
- To grant affiliation to schools that want to provide students with a high-quality education.
- To make decisions on the syllabus, textbooks, and other course materials for students.
- To hold intermediate exams for students throughout the state.
- Equivalence with examinations administered by other boards.
- Creating structured courses for students.
- Textbooks for upper secondary and intermediate students are being written and published.
- To investigate and assess the current curriculum. Furthermore, the council develops the curriculum for students.
- Examining fairly in both rural and urban areas.
- Professional staff orientation to keep up with the latest techniques.