Making notes or jotting them down is an important activity for students in learning. In traditional learning, note-making was crucially important, but today with the advent of technology, note-making has emerged into digitization. Even so, note-making remains somewhat important. There are different reasons behind taking notes in a classroom, and every student keeps one for their benefit. The most important reason for note-making is recalling the information in case you forget the main points. Also, note-making styles are important, especially during examinations, as they help students properly explain their answers. Taking down notes is not as simple as it sounds; it is not everything you hear. It is also about summarizing the core concepts in your own words to understand them later.
Advantages of Note-Making
· Staying active and engaging with the lectures, revision, and reading
· Understanding the learning concepts and clarifying the thought process (questioning or any doubts)
· Identifying and selecting the key ideas which can be used later and jog your memory from the past lectures
· Revising the study materials or notes before exams to help you remember the crucial points
· Planning and structuring assignments and exams
· Organizing the notes and making connections with the similar topics