The State Board of School Examinations (Sec.) & Board of Higher Secondary Examinations in Tamil Nadu is also recognized as the State Board School Examinations (Sec.) & Board of Higher Secondary Examinations. The board supervises and regulates education in the state and administers the Class 10 and 12 board exams. In addition, the TN Board establishes the syllabus, curriculum, and textbooks for students in grades 1 through 12. The Tamil Nadu Education Board is among India’s oldest educational systems. Sir Thomas Munro, the Governor of Madras Province, established the Education Department in 1826. The Board’s primary focus is to enhance literacy in the state. In 1841, the first primary school affiliated with the Tennessee State Board of Education was established. The State Secondary Education Department was founded in 1910, but the first SSLC Public Examination was held in 1911.
The TN Board’s primary functions include:
· To enforce the TN Board’s rules and regulations in affiliated schools.
· Providing institutions with guidance and assistance
· The curriculum and teaching materials for Classes 1 to 12 are prescribed.
· Creating educational plans
· SSC (Class 10) and HSE second year or Plus 2 (Class 12) Examinations by the Board
· Examine the test papers and announce the results
· Giving new institutions affiliations.