Most of us remember a beloved teacher from our youth; whether it was the one who taught us to read, the one who taught you to appreciate variety or even the one who showed us how to play football. Perhaps that instructor inspired you to aspire to be a teacher yourself. After completing your 12th, graduation, and post-graduate studies, you can pursue a career in education. Different talents, abilities, School Analytics, and credentials are necessary at each level. The following are the requirements to become a teacher in India:
- To become a pre-primary teacher, you can follow one of two courses after graduating from high school: Nursery Teachers’ Training (NTT) for one year or a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (D.E.C.Ed.) for two years.
- To become a primary school teacher, you can do any of the following courses: Elementary Teacher Education (ETE) for two years; Bachelor’s in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) for four years; or a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) for two years.
- After graduating from a teaching subject, you can pursue a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) for two years to become a secondary school teacher.
- A post-graduate degree in teaching topics and a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree are required to become a senior secondary school teacher. Post-graduate studies can be pursued in any field.
- Lecturers are classified as assistant professors, associate professors, or professors. As a lecturer or professor, your responsibilities include giving lectures on designated themes, doing academic research, and assisting students with their own studies. After earning a Master’s degree in your chosen profession, you will be required to take the UGC-NET test.